Listed below are resources for parents to use related to a variety of topics. This list will be continually updated. We encourage parents to contact their child's school counselor for additional resources and assistance.
DISCRIMINATION AND BIAS
- Talking to Children About Hate Crimes
- Partners Against Hate: Parents and Families Against Hate
- Healthy Children. org : Talking to Children About Racial Bias
- Anti-Defamation League (ADL): Talking to Young Children about Bias and Prejudice
- American Psychological Association: Talking to kids about discrimination
The National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
American Psychological Association
The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
American School Counselor Association
Scholastic: Resources for Responding to Violence and Tragedy
- Resources for Responding to Violence and Tragedy: Expert advice for teachers and parents on reassuring children after disturbing events.
- 3 Tips for Talking to Your Kids About Scary News
- Talking to Your Kids About Natural Disasters, War, and Violence